Sunday, April 27, 2008

Quick observation

Hair: In Korea, changing your hair means that things only look a little different. That could mean a bad hair day, that could mean not seeing someone for a couple weeks and hair growing, that could mean combing it differently and so forth. In the past two days, I've had pretty messy hair. Also in the last two days, I've had three different Korean friends tell me that they like my new haircut.

Take notice, I didn't cut my hair. In fact, it is longer. I am still not combing it. I still put forth no effort for consistency; all I do is wake up and make sure that I am not bald.

I remember Ada mentioning this to me once. She said that if she went to class without makeup, or with different makeup, all the kids would notice and ask her about it. I thought that might be something specific for women -- but it is in fact true for everybody.

1 comment:

greenice said...

If you were to wake up bald one morning what would you do?