Wednesday, July 9, 2008

God has turned his back on me!

On Friday, I asked the dorm office if there was anything we could do to limit the amount of mosquitoes that we get in our room. The boss of the dorm, who I really like, said she would bring some spray on Monday.

Fast forward to Monday and no spray. I didn't catch her Monday, so I asked her Tuesday to bring some. She finally brought the spray on Wednesday.

So I use it and go about my day. I get home from a really really exhausting day around 10:45PM and sit down. My roommate (I can't remember if I said I have a new roommate) was talking with a friend. It naturally comes up that we are being tortured by the mosquitoes.

Here is the part where God really wanted to get a good laugh...

I was pulling my socks off and noticed that my feet were itching. Yeah...I have a couple bites on my feet and ankles. I started counting out loud how many bites I felt like I had and I reached about 20ish spread throughout my body. In fact, on my left hand near my pinky finger, I have two bites less than a centimeter apart. Like seriously, what kind of sick bug would do that? Ditto on my right wrist. This is a conspiracy.

So here was the conversation:

Me: "(Expletive) I have 20 (expletive) mosquito bites all the (expletive) over my (expletive) body. Passon (my roommate), how many times have they bit you?"
Passon: "I don't have any."
(he has been complaining more than I have about the mosquitoes)
Me: "(expletive) kidding me? Then why have you been complaining so much?"
Him: "They fly in my ear and I don't like it."
Me: (thinking) "they fly in my (expletive) ear too."
Passon: "I just really don't like mosquitoes."
Me: [glared at him and rubbed my (expletive) legs].

1 comment:

Red said...

From a webpage:

Entomologist Daniel L. Kline tested the attractiveness of socks worn by humans. The results: Mosquitoes love them. "I wore the socks for 12 hours on 3 consecutive days. When I wasn't wearing the socks, I put them in a sealed plastic bag," says Kline. "I also found mosquitoes love Limburger cheese. Interestingly enough, the main ingredient in the cheese is a bacterium that can be found on the human foot," he says. Incidentally, Limburger cheese was first made in The Netherlands by monks. They trampled the cheese with their feet to get the finished product.